Karuna Turst has been formed with the objective of uplifting the lives of underprivileged rural population of Sri Lanka. We have four main focus areas in this effort: education, health care, community development and environment.
- Award scholarships, donations, financial aid and assistance to the needy students for their primarily education
- Provide financial aid and assistance for the deserving students for higher education
- Improve reading habits of the rural population by donating books and libraries
- Provide financial aid and assistance to the needy patients for medical treatments
- Develop facilities at hospitals
- Conduct mobile clinics where needed
- Support schemes to improve health conditions of rural poor such as sanitation and clean drinking water.
- Build and donate houses for those who are lacking of proper housing
- Viable projects for the advancement of the living standard and employment generation of the materially poor people in the rural areas
- Conduct vocational training programs for the youths who could not obtain any higher education