If you have the passion and drive to help underprivileged communities, we have exciting volunteer opportunities awaiting you. We are seeking help mainly in uplifting the education and grooming youth to become successful leaders, responsible adults and productive skilled workers as they enter the job market. Finding good teachers for rural schools has been a very difficult task for education authorities for a long time. And getting volunteer teachers to villages has been equally rare. Therefore, as we prepare the village youth to get the education/skills they need to enter universities or the job market in general, we feel there is a pressing need in education and skill based training areas.
Areas where you can help
Currently we are seeking assistance from local volunteers, based in Sri Lanka. Below is a short list of areas where your valuable time, energy and expertise can be applied. However, if you have a strong desire to help rural communities in any other area, we humbly request you to talk to us and let us know your suggestions.
- English education
- IT education (basic computing and programing skills, web based development, C++, Java, PHP, Graphic design, CAD etc)
- Leadership training, Entrepreneurship & public speaking
- Short workshops on Science and Math using e-learning techniques
- Coaching Chess
- Environmental awareness workshops
- Health care workshops and mobile clinics
- Community projects for rural villages